Thursday, December 15, 2011

I am a Real Estate and Finance major. Should I major in Accounting (and get the CPA) too?

I am a Junior at a State University. Currently I am double majoring in Real Estate and Finance. My expected graduation, as of now, is May 2010. I am a little concerned about the finding a job after college, with the outlook for Finance and Real Estate jobs not being so hot. I would like to work in the Real Estate/Investment world (not brokerage or appraisal), possibly working for a REIT or something similar. I considering continuing my education for another year and getting an additional agree, this one being a B.S. in Accounting and going for my CPA. I have heard that a strong accounting background is very valuable in the business world and will also make you more marketable when looking for a job. What I am really wondering is= Is it really that beneficial and worth it to take another year of cles to get a degree in accounting? Or would it be a waste of time, and I should just attempt to enter the job market in 2010 with my Finance and Real Estate Degree?

0 comments:

Post a Comment